Saturday, September 21, 2019

I have begun a new portrait to be called "Bill H." When I create a drawing, I work from a roll of butchers paper. You are seeing the drawing of him followed by me developing little figures from my imagination, and my husband and me modelling poses I couldn't quite visualize. Then I put it all together and trace it onto 300 lb watercolor paper using my light box. I had basically painted his eyes back when I started my last 2 portraits. All 3 had similar eyes. (I got lucky there.)  Yesterday I put Maskoid on the parts of the little people that overlapped his skin. Then, although it will be difficult to see, I added a light orange glaze on light areas of the face followed by a pale pinkish color for the areas to be shaded later.








No comments:

Post a Comment