Saturday, January 25, 2020

I have just started on this painting today and decided I wanted the background color to have a little texture like what I see in my photo. I wasn't particularly in the mood to use spray paint, so I slopped together a red mixture and painted it. Then spritzed it with a water bottle. I couldn't see any change so I threw some salt on it and went to take a nap. An hour later I saw it and loved the texture. 

Then I needed to put shading on. I had a small jar of color that came from all the leftover paint from my last painting. It was a black/brown/red mixture. That is what I used with a wide haki brush..When I came back to look at it after dinner, I was amazed that is was a match to my photo. I still can't believe it! I even have the subtle texture showing through. It must have been divine intervention (or dumb luck) because I couldn't possibly be that good. Anyway, I just wanted to share.


It would be nice if the rest of the painting would develop that easy...but that is unlikely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment