Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I wanted to separate my vacation talk with my art talk. I did take a lot of photos, but didn't really get anything I could use in a painting. I had talked to you earlier about working on 3 drawings for paintings I want to do. I posted the first finished one of Bill H. The second portrait called Teresa M. was finished some time ago, but remained in limbo because my brain hadn't worked out where to put the figures until about the time I returned from Wisconsin.

I decided to enlarge the hat and put figures dangling from its edges like fringe. Fun right? In one of these photos you see I am repeatedly using the top of one body and then changing the bottom half. In the second photo, I have finished all the fringe figures and now get to spend the day sitting on the floor in front of my scanner reducing their scale down to the size you see me holding. The actual painting will be about 33x24".

No comments:

Post a Comment